Friday, June 8, 2007

A Couple Links

A couple sites that I feel are worth some mention as you try to avoid 96+ degrees of sticky weather today. First, as a great Orioles and Orioles farm system resource, I can't recommend Orioles Hangout enough. It has served as a fantastic primer for me as I have tried to quickly immerse myself in the world of the Baysox. Each team is the system is assigned a beat writer, and Baysox reporter Mike Miller is doing a fantastic job. He was featured in the 5th inning a couple of times during the Bowie homestand with the Harrisburg Senators, and talking with the guy during commercial breaks (I was back in the studio, so we didn't really meet) and listening to him on-air, one thing became apparent: he knows his stuff. Another great feature is the message boards, which I am not usually a huge fan of, but these are kept very smart by a dedicated group of fans. Definitely worth a spot in your bookmarks, Orioles Hangout should be required daily reading for anyone who cares about the organization.

Secondly, I have to give a shout-out to Dan Steinberg of the D.C. Sports Bog who was kind enough to make Go Figueroa one of his Top Five reads on Monday. I can't tell you how much I have grown to love "Agent Steinz" blogging. He covers the weird and the weirder in the DC sports scene and does so with great aplomb. Also definitely a daily must-read. And the link was phenomenal in this wildly self-referential universe that is the blogosphere.

Make sure to check out those sites, as well as the ones on the blogroll (to your right...)

0 comments: