Friday, June 15, 2007

Upkeep Note

It's something I've given some thought to doing, and now with the urging of Jamie Mottram (also of AOL Fanhouse Fame) I've decided to expand this thing a little bit. You can still turn here for your Bowie Baysox updates, I wouldn't give that up for anything. However, I plan on taking the blog into some more baseball coverage, and maybe an occasional (alright, probably more often than that) foray into the wider world of sports. Bear with me on this one.

I really think that blogging is an amazing tool in the discussion of sports across this here interwebs, and I hope that I can eventually add something akin to what we have seen from the Sports Bog, The Fanhouse, Deadspin, Dan Shanoff, and more. If you are looking for a model on which I base the Baysox coverage (I could only hope to be as good as these guys) check out Lookout Landing and USS Mariner. Yeah, I know the Baysox are a Baltimore team, but I am a Seattle fan when it comes to the bigs. You now have the first 6 blogs I read every morning, and hopefully some idea of where I see this going. So, even if you are just here for the Baysox, stick around, that coverage isn't going anywhere. Hopefully though we will be joined by a broader base. Thanks for reading, and enjoy the ride.
-Rob

0 comments: